Friday, August 1, 2014

Blessed Journey Margot Adler...

I often say that it was Scott Cunningham who gently lead me to formulating my individual template of spirituality, but it was Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon that made me proud to join the ranks of Paganism.

The granddaughter of famed psychotherapist Alfred Alder, was no doubt influenced by his views on metaphysics. Her version of what it was like to be a Pagan meshed with his understanding of the natural world and it's place  in personal individuation.

On NPR, Margot Adler was the voice of reason on All Things Considered; she often interviewed  on the 'man on the street', and was expert at presenting the plight of everyday people.

Jason Mankey over at Patheos wrote a wonderful blog about Margot Adler, which I'm sharing here:


http://www.patheos.com/blogs/panmankey/2014/07/remembering-margot-adler/

Blessed Journey, Margot. Thank You is not enough.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize she was related to Dr. Adler! Interesting! I am very similar in the books that first led me down the Pagan Path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practiced my own type of nature spirituality from the time I was a teen. Cunningham's Earth Power was the first book on magick I'd found openly on the market. Before that it was pamphlets and self printed booklets from the few occult shops I could find. Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon was an eye opener because at a young age I had no idea there were other people having the same sort of experiences I was having.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for reading Broom With A View - Your comments are welcome and appreciated.