Sunday, January 14, 2018

New Year

Like most writers, I sometimes sit with pen poised on lined yellow pad, wondering what the subject of my next blog will be. That doesn't mean I have writer's block- to the contrary, I have five nearly-finished blogs waiting. Print journalists, poets, songwriters-no matter the medium, we all do it. There is a time when we ask, "What's next?"

Most of the time I write for myself; it's satisfying to see your own thoughts in print. But this is also the way I teach. It's the way I share in our community, which I think is important because for so long it was necessary to keep the teachings of our Craft and the practice of our spirituality under the radar. We can and should communicate with other members of the community to encourage and support one another in our personal development. It's vital to do this because critical thinking and discernment takes us out of the realm of Hollywood's projected idea of the occult, magick, spellcraft and what it is to be a Witch/Pagan. I will continue this work as long as I can, and as long as there is a place for my voice to be heard.

I have a running list of topics to write about that I am constantly adding to because I, too am a reader with a need to know. I want to hear other opinions because that helps me to hone my own, and I'm interested in what others want to write about. As an esoteric practitioner, I am a perpetual student. I'm sure many of you feel the same way, so having said that, if you have any suggestions for topics you'd like to explore, leave a comment here, or on the Facebook page, or at the email address to Broom With A View in the sidebar. I look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, I'm just going to keep putting down the thoughts in my head that flow to my fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading Broom With A View - Your comments are welcome and appreciated.