Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Thanks Giving

We usually have gorgeously colored leaves in the Autumn, but this year the colors weren't bright: the leaves shriveled and dropped early. We need rain and everything is dry. All the same, I am thankful for the Autumn and it's wonders-crisp evenings, frosty mornings and the deer that come into town to forage. And yes, even the turkey buzzards by the side of the road, for they have their place in the natural cycle. I am thankful to be in a place so close to nature, even though the everyday atmosphere and surrounding attitude of the majority of the population is consistently negative and depressing. Still, I am thankful for the twilight of mornings and the dusk of evening, when it is quiet because in those times I am closer to my own humanity and the Divine.

I am thankful for a few close friends and even more acquaintances, even though most of them are scattered across the US, Canada and as far away as  England the Manx countryside. I appreciate their diverse opinions of what is going on in their part of the world, and mine. We don't always agree, but I learn from their views.

My Pagan community both near and far gives me comfort and support, and again, I am thankful. Social media, as much a bane as a blessing, keeps us in touch and up to date. We celebrate and complain daily and they are wonderful and inspiring when my self esteem needs plumping up, and even when we are at each others throats and embroiled in a passionate argument.

This year especially, I am thankful for the knowledge and skill of  surgeons, doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers. With out them I would not be here to give thanks.

Although I am not currently taking students in the Craft, I do have this platform at AmethJera's Broom With A View where I can teach and communicate with others. I thank all of you who come across this blog for whatever reason, because it has encouraged me to share these past six years and I have gained some wonderful friendships. I treasure you with the utmost gratitude and it humbles me that you read what I write. ( If there is anything you'd like me to write about, post it in the comments.)

I use this recipe for the following mixture as dry to sprinkle or as incense, steeped in water as a wash, and in oil. Sometimes I add a few tablespoons in a pot of boiling water on the stove for the aroma-which is earthy with a hint of spice- to clear the air. The choice is yours.

THANKS GIVING BLEND
NOTE: Although all of the ingredients listed here are edible, I strongly recommend against consuming this blend. Blackberries often grow along with poisoned oak, and red clover is scientifically proved to be detrimental to those taking hormonal treatments, contraceptives, anticoagulants, and aspirin. Do not directly inhale smoke if you use it as an incense as it may cause irritation to mucous membranes. It is fine to burn in a properly ventilated area.


Equal parts of each; increase to make more.

basil
bay leaves
blackberry leaves- dried
red clover buds and leaves-dried
dill seeds- use dried dill weed if unavailable
flax seed
ginger-powdered

Crush all with mortar and pestle until a fine powder and use as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading Broom With A View - Your comments are welcome and appreciated.