Tuesday, November 15, 2011

15 Days of Thankfulness:Things at Home

Day 6

Creature comforts I never thought of before are certainly much more appreciated now that I'm not living on my own. Privacy is at a premium most of the time, but there are rare moments when I am in the house alone when I can watch a movie on the computer, or listen to a CD without the headphones or... ( hold on, this is gonna get racy!)...Sleep in my underwear...So it truly is the little things that count these days.

I have a room in where I can retreat from the world and paint my toenails or do a few crafts, and a warm bed to sleep in at night. There is a roof over my head, and I can make coffee when ever I choose to brew it. I don't have to pack up my dirty launder and schlepp it to the laundromat, I can wash it at home and even though we don't have a dryer and it takes over a day for them to dry, at least I do have clean clothes and a place to shower ( though I do secretly, yearn for a long hot bubble bath!)

It isn't an ideal situation, but I'm not taking anything for granted. My situation could be and has been worse...so yes, I am thankful for what I have at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading Broom With A View - Your comments are welcome and appreciated.