Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cattitude

It has been 12 years since my familiar, Tinker, crossed over into the arms of Bast. I grew up in a household where we always had cats, and I missed having the weight of a little furry body on the bed at night.

Last week the neighbor two doors down died suddenly, and her family could not take her beloved pet due to allergies. I thought about it a couple days and made the leap of faith to adopt another cat. Here she is...We are just getting used to one another, and other than some territorial hissing over my potted plants and a few artfully placed scratches, we're getting used to one another. We are both set in our ways and the future will require a compromise, but I'm willing to make compromises because the truth is that it's a lot less  lonely with a cat to take care of and talk to...yeah, I'm going to be an old crazy cat lady, I'm afraid.

Tinker would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading Broom With A View - Your comments are welcome and appreciated.